Ohlone Archery is an adult archery club dedicated to promoting traditional archery as a fun and accessible past time and elevating it’s level of play.
The Indoor Range is for MEMBERS ONLY and is not equipped for compound bows or crossbows. To become a member you need to take a lesson or provide proof that you are an active member of a local club and purchase a Shooting Pass. Seasoned traditional archers without a club affiliation are welcome.
The range is heated and air conditioned for year-round enjoyment. There are 14 lanes with target butts set up at distances from 10-20 yards. Drop-in Open Shooting is available Wednesday through Sunday – click HERE for the range schedule.
The range is for adults only. Minors are only allowed to shoot in the range during our Saturday morning Youth Program, or under the direct supervision of a certified and insured instructor.
Please click HERE for information about Accessibility.
Shop owner Nico Gallegos is an active traditional archer and treats the set up and tuning of such bows with meticulous care. With a craftsman-like passion for quality, he personally performs all of these pro shop services:
- Dynamically fitting arrows to you and your bow; custom fletching or re-fletching with a wide variety of feather or vane colors
- Dynamically determining proper nock fit and nock locator positioning
- Installing the right elevated or shelf rest for your bow and arrow choice with care and precision
- Fitting or replacing your bow with a high performing string guaranteed for a perfect nock fit and brace height tolerances – hand made if so desired!
- Connecting you with a professional shop coach to help you with setting up your ILF bow for competitive Barebow or Olympic Recurve archery
Click HERE for Pro Shop prices.
Please click HERE for important information about arrow SAFETY!
- Ohlone Archery DOES NOT SELL OR SERVICE COMPOUND BOWS
- Ohlone Archery DOES NOT SELL OR SERVICE CHILDREN’S ARCHERY EQUIPMENT OF ANY KIND
Ohlone Archery is like a kiosk for Lancaster Archery Supply. There is a small inventory of essential traditional gear and tackle on hand. It is not a showroom or high-volume retailer – retail items are available as a convenience to club members and those new to purchasing archery stuff. Nico can expertly fit and outfit you, help you make good decisions, and guide you through using Lancaster Archery Supply.
Ohlone Archery has wood and ILF recurve demo bows (right AND left hand!) available for you to try in various lengths and draw weights – enough on hand to help you understand the differences and “try before you buy.”
Please click HERE for important information about ILF bow SAFETY!
Ohlone Archery is named as a tribute to the indigenous people of the Central California Coast who roamed this area with the bow and arrow for thousands of years before us. Ohlone Archery does not claim to represent the Ohlone People or their culture. The website home page photo of owner Nico Gallegos was taken at Lincoln Park in Alameda next to a monument dedicated to one of the largest Ohlone burial mounds in the East Bay, the place where he learned of the Ohlone as a child.